Thursday, August 13, 2009

Weekend Fun!

This past weekend me, my nephew Ty, and Sophie all went to Arlington to visit my brother and sister-in-law. Everytime Sophie rides in the car, she has to ride in my lap. I wasn't sure how comfortable she would be in my lap for 2 hours so I bought her a soft blanket that I thought she would like to sit on in the passenger's side. I was wrong!!! I even tried putting treats in the seat but she was not falling for it. I figured sooner or later she would get tired of trying to jump back into my lap and just lay down but nope, she wanted to be in someone's lap. So, what does she do?




She just hopped right in the backseat and sat in Ty's lap. He loved it! He kept saying "Sophie loves me" and "I will keep her safe." It was the cutest thing ever. He even wanted me to get a picture of him snuggling her with! She sat in his lap for about 30 minutes!



While we were in Arlington, we went to this drive through wildlife park. Ty couldn't wait to go to "the zoo." It was so much fun. We got a bag of food and all different animals would just come right up to the window and eat out of your hand! My favorites were the zebras and giraffe. The zebras were pretty aggressive but nice. They get their head as far as they can in the window and you basically have to push it back out if you want to keep driving.



The giraffe was very gentle and pretty. He just stuck out his long black tongue and ate his food!




We also went to this self-serve ice cream place called Pure Bliss. You get to choose your own ice cream and all of the toppings you want, then you have it weighed and it's only .38 cents an ounce which turned out to be pretty cheap. Ty wanted a little bit of everything on his ice cream!
It was vanilla and chocolate swirl with captain crunch, cinnamon toast crunch, and cocoa puff cereal, sprinkles, white chocolate, and even chocolate covered sprinkles!


He ate way more than we thought he would. He really liked it!! We had such a good time in Arlington with Coby and Kristin. This was the first time I took Ty out of town just the two of us and I had such a good time with him. I cant wait to take him somewhere else!

3 comments:

  1. That Princess Sophia is probably one of the best dogs I've ever seen. She has to be the most loving and caring dog ever! Let's change your blog name to Kylie and Sophie...instead of Kylie's First Home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWWW Ty had so much fun! Glad you got those pictures of him and Sophie! They are PRICELESS!!

    ReplyDelete