Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Bathroom Updating!!

When I first bought my house, I knew the bathrooms were one of the things I wanted to change right away! They weren't too bad, just very outdated! They aren't completely finished yet but this is what they have looked like over the past 3 months!!


So this is how the main bathroom looked the day I moved in. The wood is the sub-floor. The previous owners agreed to replace the sub-floor because the old floor had been damaged by water leaking. Notice the white tile going halfway up the wall. At first it really didn't bother me, but that changed pretty quickly!!


This counter top was pretty gross! It was 1 inch tile that had probably been painted 3 or 4 times and the paint was staring to chip everywhere. Also the sink was pretty old so I knew I would be needing a new one.


This is the master bathroom. It was in better condition but still very outdated. We replaced the floors and toilet within the first few days.


I had to throw a picture in here of Blake laying tile in the bathroom. He did such a good job!


So this my temporary after picture. It was a lot better than it was before but it still wasn't the kind of bathroom I wanted. We painted and stained the walls and changed the floor and the toilet. But....after watching too many HGTV shows and talking to different people about remodeling their bathrooms, I decided I was going to change this into the bathroom I would love!


I started by tearing all of the tile off of the wall myself. I figured this would probably be the only thing that I would be able to do on my own so I started one night and it didn't take very long. It was actually kind of fun because it made me feel very productive, even though my knuckles did get all scraped up!


So I thought I was almost done until I started taking tile off around the shower. I saw something dark underneath the tile and at first I started freaking out because I thought it was MOLD! Little did I know, there was black tin tile underneath all of the white tile!! It was a lot easier to remove but it took just as long!!


After I took all of the tile off of the wall, I started chipping all of the tile off of the counter top! This got very old after a while because I had to remove each tile one by one and it seemed like it took forever!!


This is my second bathroom while I was in the middle of tearing all of the tile off the wall. It was the biggest mess!!


So this is my second before picture. I am going to texture the walls, paint them a cool brown color (I think), get new counter tops, sink, faucet, mirror, and remove the wood cabinet above the toilet! Stay tuned to see the after pictures!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hey girl! The bathroom is going to look great, I just know it! I'm so impressed that you pulled by that tile by yourself! You go Girl!

    I am also wondering if you do updos? I need to make an appointment for my friends Jaime's wedding on September 12th. Since I don't get my hair done in Wichita Falls anymore, I'm not really sure who to go to! Do you work on Saturdays? I would call, but I'm not sure what salon you work at! My email address is afouts86@gmail.com, just shoot me an email when you get a chance so we can discuss!

    ReplyDelete