Saturday, May 2, 2009

So Stressful!

Wow! I cannot believe everything you have to do before closing date on a house. First it was stressful putting in the offer, waiting, then accepting the counter offer. Then it was worse when I had to deal with 4 different banks to get a loan because they are all so different and I wanted to see what my options were. Then the inspection made me freak out with all the little things wrong with the house but everyone assured me that my inspection was good compared to others. Then, all day yesterday I had to deal with choosing my home insurance policy! I could probably type for hours with what I had to go through and who I talked to about insurance but I will try to keep it short.

Anyways, I first called Allstate to get an insurance quote. That is who my family uses and my grandpa used to be an Allstate agent so I thought this would be my best choice. I had to give the lady all my information and answer about 20 questions about the house. She called me back and said, "Kylie, I figured out your quote and it is a really good one!" At this point I got excited because my loan officer estimated it to be around $900 dollars a year which would be $75 a month, and she even estimated it high so in the end I wouldn't have a payment of more than she estimated. So, I was thinking my quote would definitely be under $900, then the Allstate lady said it would be $1178 a year. Are you kidding me?!? That's $98 a month! She could probably tell I was shocked because she kept trying to tell me that I had a really good rate, but I'm not stupid. That was the last I talked to Allstate. So then i called Germania, State Farm, and Pulley Insurance (I was refereed to them.) I ended up choosing Pulley Insurance. Sheryl Pulley is who helped me and she is the nicest lady I have talked too! I had a meeting there yesterday at 4:00 to choose my policy. I am the most indecisive person EVER so I knew this would take a while. I had no clue how many different policies there were to choose from! Basically we narrowed it down to 2. I could choose one policy for $771 a year ($64 a month) and have a $1,000 deductible if I had to make a claim. Or I could choose a policy for $843 a year ($70 a month) to have a $1,000 deductible on wind and hail claims and a $500 deductible on everything else. Everything else would include anything like a fire, water damage, a tree falling on my house, someone accidentally running their car into my house, ok I think you get the idea. In Wichita, mostly all of the insurance claims deal with wind or hail, so I was thinking the extra $72 a year would be a waste. But then I thought, that's only $6 a month, might as well do it. Then I calculated $72 a year, that turns into almost $300 after 3 years and I didn't want to waste money if I never made a claim. Anyway, my mind went back and fourth for 45 minutes! Sheryl was so nice during all of this, she was very patient because she said she is just as indecisive as me. Like I said, this is just so hard because I have to make all of these decisions on my own. My family gives me their opinions but they all ultimately say it is up to me and what makes me feel comfortable. In the end, I ended up choose the policy that is $843 a year. At first I thought I made the wrong choice, but after thinking about it, I know I chose the right one! If anyone needs an insurance policy I highly recommend Sheryl at Pulley Insurance, they are a sub-division of MetLife Insurance. She will help you with anything!

Sorry this blog wasn't too interesting. Who wants to read about insurance policies?? This just gives a little insight as to how stressful this has been so far! I'm not even to closing date yet and I am already thinking that I do not want to buy another house for a loooong time! Ha! But, I know in the end, everything will work out and I will be very happy with all my decisions!

No comments:

Post a Comment