Saturday, May 2, 2009

Inspection Update!!!

Just a quickie! After the inspection Kate and I came up with a list of 9 things that we wanted to be repaired on the house. Some were a little bigger than others but most of the repairs were small quick fixes. The top things were to replace the sub-floor in the bathroom where the old hot water heater leaked. (Luckily, I won't have to worry about my water heater leaking because they replaced it with a tank-less water heater that I will love because the water is immediately hot when you turn it on and you never run out!) The floor in the bathroom is really soft so the inspector said that means the floor underneath the tile is decaying from the water. He also said there was a leak in the attic that needed to be fixed. There was also a gap in the air duct vent under the house that would cause me to loose a lot of air under the house which wastes a lot of electricity. All of the other things were easier fixes such as, cover an exposed wire and fix leaking sink in kitchen. Anyway, I had no clue how much it would cost to fix all of these things. Kate had her step dad at M&D Construction come to the house to give us an estimate and he said they could fix everything for $1,700! That was so much cheaper than what I thought it was going to be so I was kind of relieved thinking the sellers would be filling to fix these things. So last night, Kate called their Realtor and let them know what we wanted fixed. Now I am sooo excited because we just found out that the sellers are willing to pay for all of the repairs on the house! I was wondering what I was going to do if the sellers weren't willing to fix what needs to be repaired, but I don't even have to worry about that anymore! Now I will be able to sleep better tonight knowing nothing else will get in the way of me becoming a homeowner!!

P.S. I will be posting plenty of pictures later when all of the fun stuff begins!!

No comments:

Post a Comment