Monday, April 27, 2009

Officially in Contract!

So, last Monday I called Kate Richardson (my awesome Realtor who you might also know as Kate Lunn) because I wanted to look at a some houses I found online. We looked at a few houses but I wasn't too impressed with what we saw. Keep in mind, I am VERY picky and I will not spend money on something I don't love. Luckily, Kate added another house to look at that just went on the market that day. We pulled up and there wasn't even a for sale sign out front yet! It didn't have much curb appeal because the previous owners didn't take care of the landscaping very well, but I knew it had a lot of potential! We went inside and I could already smell fresh paint which was a relief compared to other houses that smelt like smoke. The more I looked around, the more I really started to like it and could picture myself living there. It had everything and more than what I wanted. It has a garage, which is a MUST because it will make me feel safer when I come home at night. It also has 3 bedrooms which is perfect because it has plenty of storage with the option of even having a roomate someday. It even has 2 bathrooms, so I will have my own bathroom in my bedroom!! It is in a great safe neighboorhood which I probably appreciate the most since I plan to live alone. I had my parents and brother come look at it because I wanted other opinions. They all really liked it and thought it was a really good deal! I didn't want someone else to make an offer before I did so Kate got the contract ready and I made an offer that night! It was kind of scary because I knew this was going to be a big deal but I was really excited! The next morning the sellers made a counter offer and I accepted it!! I was really nervous before accepting the offer but after I did, I felt so relieved. I did not realize how stressful this whole experience would be!! Below are some pictures that Amber took of me and Kate while we were making the offer!


Now I am officially in contract and my loan is being processed! The closing date is May 15th! The house will be inspected Wednesday so hopefully everything will be in good condition! I am so excited to get started with everything! I have already made a long list of everything that I want to do to the house. It doesn't need a lot of extensive work, just mostly cosmetic updates so it will be fun! I also made a list of things I need to buy before I move in. #1 on my list is a TV for the living room. My dad and I went today to look and I am deciding between 2 that I like. I'm sure tomorrow I will make up my mind and go pick it up! I also bought a magazine to help me decide on what paint colors I want to use. I have some ideas in mind.... Can't wait!

3 comments:

  1. Good luck with the house and keep us posted. We definitely want to see pictures when you close.

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRAT's my dear!! I'm so happy for you! I know how stressful it is! OMG... but it is SOO WORTH IT when you move in! I'm so excited about ours in Frisco! I'm coming in to get my hair done Cinco de mayo... so I will bring some pictures! :) Hope your there! Love to catch up! Bring pictures of yourS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! I hoped on over here from Tashas blog!
    You'll have so much fun painting your 1st house! Congrats Home Owner! :)

    ReplyDelete